Thursday, September 02, 2010

On The Town

As I mentioned in the first part of my Fall Preview, I'm kind of mixed on Ben Affleck's upcoming The Town. But after talking to Tara this morning, I remembered that I forgot to mention my one, unambiguous, non-Jeremy-Renner related reason for wanting to see this movie. Skanked-Up Blake Lively!

Sure, Dale Dickey in Winter's Bone may be the new gold standard for casting authentic-looking women in roles about skeevy, meth-y working class criminal types. But there's still something to be said for the flip side of that coin: taking an incredible Hollywood beauty, smudging some Kohl in her eye, and throwing a star tattoo on her shoulder.

And another one above her boob!

I'm in, Blake. I'm in.
.
.
.

4 comments:

Adam807 said...

"Skanked-up Blake Lively?" Isn't that redundant?

Robert Hamer said...

OMG, Amy Ryan got an Oscar nomination for playing a trailer trash Boston skank in a Ben Affleck film? Ooh, ooh, I want in! I can de-glam myself, too!

The Pretentious Know it All said...

Hey, Robert Hamer...don't dis Amy Ryan in Gone Baby Gone...I understand where the haters are coming from on that one, but I'm firmly on the other side of that battle (thought she was awesome).

Re: this post, I actually overheard someone at the Coffee Bean today (A trailer for The Town was playing on the monitor). They said "That movie looks stupid...But I do have a soft spot for Blake Lively. And I can tell you where it's not."

NATHANIEL R said...

The Pretentious -- i love that story.