Friday, June 04, 2010

Mirror iPod Quiz

Roommate Mark posted one of his delightfully addictive iPod quizzes this morning. This one was submitted by yours truly, and when I'd made it to 20 songs, I totally didn't want to stop. So I went 20 more and saved those one for you guys right here.

The rules: guess the song these lyrics are pulled from (artist + song title). No cheating. Post answers in the comments (limit 3 per commenter). Get going!

01. "A voice once stentorian is now again meek and muffled."

02. "I shoulda been gone, long ago and far away."

03. "Suppose I never ever met you; suppose we never fell in love."

04. "If I shed a tear, I won't cage it."

05. "All this feels strange and untrue, and I won't waste a minute without you."

06. "I was spending money like the way it likes rain."

07. "Tomorrow I will change and today won't mean a thing." (Yes, this song is on my iPod.)

08. "Another mother's breaking heart is taken over."

09. "She tries to hold the lid down tightly; and she tries to shake well."

10. "What good is all the fame if you ain't fuckin' the models?"

11. "Roses are red, some diamonds are blue; chivalry is dead, but you're still kinda cute."

12. "Boy, I think you're confused, I'm not Persephone."

13. "If you don't love me now, you will never love me again."

14. "This is La Familia, I'll explain later."

15. "Stay cool and be somebody's fool this year."

16. "I remember the thunder; Talkin' 'bout the fire in your eyes."

17. "Our youth is fleeting, old age is just around the bend."

18. "Who can say if I've been changed for the better?"

19. "You promise whatever you like, I'll never collect."

20. "Feelin' better now that we're through; feelin' better 'cause I'm over you."
.
.

21 comments:

Jeff Hansen said...

7. Merideth Brooks - Bitch

That's all I got. Some sound familiar and will likely piss me off when I see the answers, and some are completely missing me.

beadgirl said...

ooh, I know one!

12. Tori Amos, Pandora's Aquarium

Joslynm said...

So many good ones!

2. Oh Sherrie - Steve Perry (or as my friends and I call it, "Cinnamon Gum". Sing the opening line and it will make sense)

11. Promiscuous Girl - Nelly Furtado and Timbaland (Funny, because I almost misidentified Fergalicious on the other quiz as this song)

19. Marry Me a Little - Company/Raul Esparza (I'm guessing that's the version you have. God I love him)

Holly said...

10. Hot in Herre - Nelly

I even caught it only having listened to the "clean" version.

liz said...

5. Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

13. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

"Delightfully addictive" is right.

caitlin said...

18- "For Good" from Wicked. Yay, showtunes!

Rachel said...

3. Regina Spektor - Fidelity

Wissa said...

16. I Found Someone - Cher

I love these quizzes.

Anonymous said...

4 - Sarah McLachlan, Fumbling Toward Ecstasy

Kate said...

1. Fiona Apple - Oh Well

Joel said...

17. "The Sound of Settling" - Death Cab for Cutie

Thanks, I will now have it in my head for several days. Buh-bah!

Danny F. said...

People took all the ones I knew already. But I wanted to chime in that there's no shame in Meredith Brooks... "Bitch" is a must for any summer playlist I make. SO '90S SUMMER.

BeRightBack said...

06: Oh My Sweet Carolina by Ryan Adams

Kirk Hamilton said...

That Fiona tune Oh, Well has some of the roughest lyrics ever. And the example you chose is probably my favorite of them all...

What wasted unconditional love!

Joe Reid said...

It's slowly crept up to being my favorite song on that (rather excellent) album on the basis of those very lyrics. I love my Fiona with a good fury to her.

bristlesage said...

8. "Zombie", The Cranberries

Jenny said...

20. You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt

Janessa said...

14.) Run This Town- Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye

jmd said...

16 is I Found Someone by Cher, it's the last of the ones I recognize easily.

Jen said...

20: Linda Ronstadt: You're no good

liz said...

15 is totally Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock," although I must confess I always heard the lyric as "don't" be somebody's fool. The more you know!