Roommate Mark posted one of his delightfully addictive iPod quizzes this morning. This one was submitted by yours truly, and when I'd made it to 20 songs, I totally didn't want to stop. So I went 20 more and saved those one for you guys right here.
The rules: guess the song these lyrics are pulled from (artist + song title). No cheating. Post answers in the comments (limit 3 per commenter). Get going!
01. "A voice once stentorian is now again meek and muffled."
02. "I shoulda been gone, long ago and far away."
03. "Suppose I never ever met you; suppose we never fell in love."
04. "If I shed a tear, I won't cage it."
05. "All this feels strange and untrue, and I won't waste a minute without you."
06. "I was spending money like the way it likes rain."
07. "Tomorrow I will change and today won't mean a thing." (Yes, this song is on my iPod.)
08. "Another mother's breaking heart is taken over."
09. "She tries to hold the lid down tightly; and she tries to shake well."
10. "What good is all the fame if you ain't fuckin' the models?"
11. "Roses are red, some diamonds are blue; chivalry is dead, but you're still kinda cute."
12. "Boy, I think you're confused, I'm not Persephone."
13. "If you don't love me now, you will never love me again."
14. "This is La Familia, I'll explain later."
15. "Stay cool and be somebody's fool this year."
16. "I remember the thunder; Talkin' 'bout the fire in your eyes."
17. "Our youth is fleeting, old age is just around the bend."
18. "Who can say if I've been changed for the better?"
19. "You promise whatever you like, I'll never collect."
20. "Feelin' better now that we're through; feelin' better 'cause I'm over you."