Thursday, May 13, 2010

Embarrassing Movie Wednesdays of the Fuuuuuture...

This looks like a total guilty pleasure, but one that's hitting a lot of buttons for me. Check out the trailer for the upcoming movie Easy A (via Vulture):



Okay, let's list them off: Emma Stone is reliably funny and really seems to be getting a showcase here; I lovelovelove Dan Byrd on Cougar Town; Patricka Clarkson, Stanley Tucci, and Lisa Kudrow are amazing; the premise is both literate (The Scarlett Letter!) and filthy (the movie pretty much launches via a donkey punch); Dan Humphrey takes his shirt off, and I assume Cam Gigandet will as well; "Poker Face" still does it for me, poeple; it comes from the director of Fired Up!, an EMW entry I very much enjoyed. Yes, I'm choosing to ignore the lame Tom Cruise joke that closes the clip. And I'm sure there won't be one plot development that does anything I haven't seen 100 times before. But whatever, y'all, I'm seeing this fucker.

8 comments:

JA said...

I refuse to classify my need to see this movie like yesterday as anything approaching "embarrassing"! I want to gobble it right up! Have you seen this clip? It's nothing but Emma Stone being awesome, and it's awesome. I LOVE HER.

Joslynm said...

Ok I was totally on board with this anyway for all of the reasons you mentioned above, and then I saw that it was written by a former acquaintance from my theater days! His play Dog Sees God was really funny and touching (and featured a kick ass performance by Ari Graynor in one production) so this is just so freaking exciting.

CT said...

I had no idea I was supposed to be embarrassed by wanting to see this movie.

Oops.

Joe Reid said...

Well everyone should at the very least feel free to take my terminology way too seriously.

JA said...

HOW DARE YOU, SIR.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, that just looks... awesome. Nothing embarrassing about it.

Rbelle said...

September 17th!?! Why is the fuuuuuture so far away?

Hugh said...

This looks kinda awful but Emma Stone is amazing. Could this film be the definition of a "guilty pleasure"?