Wednesday, March 10, 2010

R.I.P. Corey Haim


Weren't we JUST YESTERDAY talking about relics from yesteryear that helped slap some of us into full-blown gaydom? Corey Haim was definitely one of those boys for me. Yes, that's what I was looking for at that age: shirtless-with-a-vest, hoop earrings, spiky hair. Swoon.

Actually, I don't know why I feel like I have to lead with semi-skanky shirtless Corey when the truth is, I was like nine at the time, and the truth of the matter is I was really into the gawky/weird kid with the cute face.


There, that's more like the boy grade-school me mooned over. (Though, even then: kid was on drugs. Sigh.)

So many swirling thoughts right now. "I should rent The Lost Boys tonight as a tribute.""The world never truly got his lesbian fashion sense in Dream a Little Dream." "We lost the wrong Corey."

In all seriousness, I'm sad! I use humor as a defense mechanism. In truth, between Michael Jackson, John Hughes, and now Corey Haim, the '80s of my memory have really become an endangered species.

Hop on over to That's Important to see Jesse and I post-binge on everything Corey we can think of.

Hug your friends/family a little closer today. And check to make sure your older brother isn't a vampire.
.
.

4 comments:

kirkkitsch said...

I have to admit, my first thought really was "We lost the wrong Corey." I'm sure it is only a matter of time before Feldman exploits this, not unlike the MJ trial.

R.I.P. Corey Haim. :(

Karen said...

If you're trying to fondly remember Corey Haim, I recommend not watching The Lost Boys. I watched it again within the last year or so (for the first time in at least a decade). It does not hold up well. Which was kind of sad.

License to Drive, on the other hand. . . .

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Actually, when I found out about Haim's death, I had the following thought: "Where the Haimster goes, does the feldster follow?" Because they seem so inseperable, but I agree. In the ageless question of Haim of Feldman, I totally picked Haim.

Did anybody see the Feldman interview on Larry King. I kind of wanted him to be duechey and he was totally intellectual. His tonsorial senses are still questionable, but I guess I have to give credit where credit is due....

The Bloody Munchkin said...

Actually, when I found out about Haim's death, I had the following thought: "Where the Haimster goes, does the feldster follow?" Because they seem so inseperable, but I agree. In the ageless question of Haim of Feldman, I totally picked Haim.

Did anybody see the Feldman interview on Larry King. I kind of wanted him to be duechey and he was totally intellectual. His tonsorial senses are still questionable, but I guess I have to give credit where credit is due....