Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't Be Such an Ann Hog!

"What? Ann’s here?"

"Yeah, I invited her. You said you wanted to spend time some with her. You said I was being an Ann hog."

"Ann-Hog's coming?"


I caught the trailer for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World yesterday, and while I was already exhausted by the insane hype (it doesn't open until AUGUST), I was almost as exhausted by this first glimpse at the movie. Between this and Kick-Ass, it feels like Hollywood's saying "Well, we've got 'em hooked on comic book movies, now we can get really obnoxious about it."

That said, I will give Scott Pilgrim a shot, if only because Mae Whitman plays one of Michael Cera's antagonists. That's right! George Michael vs. Ann!

(...Her?)

P.S. If you're more bullish about this movie than my crabby ass (hey, I do think Anna Kendrick's brief appearance was funny), head on over to My New Plaid Pants, where you will be in good company and get to see a billion freeze-frames from the trailer. Chris Evans does look cute, y'all.

5 comments:

Neel Mehta said...

Can't believe you devoted a whole post to Bland.

Jenn said...

I wish you'd captioned that photo "not pictured."

Josh said...

Her?

Kurt said...

Besides anna kendrick this whole movie looks pretty "blah."

jessica said...

I just realized THAT'S where I know the rebel daughter on Parenthood from. Yes, her!