Tuesday, January 12, 2010
James Franco on General Hospital: An Informal Survey
My friends! Who's ready for my worlds of professional and nonprofessional web writing to collide? I know I am!
No, this post is entirely extracurricular from my work at SOAPnet. It's just that I've been really curious as to how this James Franco guest arc -- which concluded on yesterday's show -- has been received by the public, and particularly by the kind of curious pop culture watchers who make up my readership here.
So I'm asking you to take to the comments here and answer these questions for me. For my own edification and enlightenment as well as just some fun discussion between us.
1. Had you ever watched General Hospital before James Franco appeared on the show in November? Were you a current viewer or had you lapsed?
2. Did Franco's presence cause you to tune in out of curiosity? Did you DVR episodes? Watch on SOAPnet? Did you just FF through for the Franco scenes or did you watch the full episodes?
3. What did you think of Franco's arc/performance on the show. Let it all out.
4. Aside from Franco's character, what were your impressions of the rest of the show? Did any characters or actors stand out to you as particularly appealing? As particularly unappealing?
5. If you had previously watched the show and had lapsed, what did you think of the characters you remember from before who are still on the show?
6. Do you think you'll keep checking in on GH now that Franco's arc is finished?
7. If you hadn't watched the show before tuning in for the Franco arc, how would you describe the show General Hospital in 1-2 sentences?