Thursday, November 19, 2009

"A Lively Fisting"



The above image has been my single favorite gag in what has been a fairly spectacular seasons of Parks and Recreation so far. The ensemble has really come into its own -- sullen April, poor put-upon Jerry -- and the examinations of the petty intra-governmental squabbles have all been winners.

Last week's episode about creating a new mural for Pawnee city hall may have been my favorite. And this photo gallery about the other controversial murals throughout Pawnee history just puts it over the top. I can't recommend it enough. [Thanks, Tara!]

P.S. My sincere apologies for anybody who found this post via a Google search. No doubt this was a significant disappointment to you. Please don't let your enthusiasm for fisting keep you from enjoying a smart and funny sitcom, though. People can like two things.
.
.
.

2 comments:

NATHANIEL R said...

people can like two things.

oh, you amuse me.

but can people like THOSE TWO THINGS? Parks & Fisting? i'm not so sure.

but yes this season has been highlarious.

Kirk said...

Oh, ha! How did I miss this post? I just wrote about this show, too, and I totally agree that that "the camel" was the best yet. "We need to get some less offensive history." haaaa