Monday, November 23, 2009

I Have Had Actual Dreams Like This

Many, many thanks to Linda for bringing this clip to my attention. That subject line is no joke. If you've ever daydreamed about being pulled up on stage to sing with one of your favorite bands (even if you have not one iota of talent for singing, like some of us writing blog entries at this very moment), this clip is almost too wonderful to handle. This is The Swell Season (aka Glenn Hansard and Marketa Irglova, from the movie Once) performing in Houston a couple weeks ago. From the YouTube description:
Glen introduced a new song, inviting the audience to sing along. Upon a quick rehearsal of our part, he heard one voice that he dubbed "Aretha" and promptly invited it's [sic] owner, Moji to join him onstage. Here is the magical result!


JA said...

And I have had actual nightmares like this. Only it's not triumphant like here, it's just very syrupy slo-motioned and Carrie "They're all gonna laugh at you!" White-esque.

Patty M. said...

I love the look of delight on Hansard's face when Moji really opens up and starts to take charge!

Jamie: said...

Made me cry. I love stuff like this! Thanks for posting.

gina said...

That just made my day.



It's Moji (the gal from the Swell Season show) and my band is playing March 11th at Warehouse Live.

I know it's odd that you're getting a message from me, but I ran into someone who remembered me from the show and they told me to find anyone who had a mentioned it on a blog and invite them to the show... so, here's your invitation!

March 11th @ Warehouse Live
Doors at 6pm
Tickets can only be bought online (silly, i know)
get them here:

By the way, the Swell Season show it was the best night of my life.