Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank You, Cougar Town

Nick Zano got signed on to a role on Melrose Place, so I can't imagine we'll be seeing him much on Cougar Town anymore. But, delightful and generous show that it is, they sent him off with a subplot about (among other things) how good he looks with his shirt off.




In other news, this was probably my favorite episode yet. And not just because of the above stills! It managed to move Jules's plot forward, had a handful of really hilarious moments ("Did I hear the word 'menopause' come out of your mouth?), plus Busy Philipps in my favorite wardrobe choice of the season...


...and Carolyn Hennesy's Barb appearing from out of nowhere like the predatory Beetlejuice she is:

4 comments:

That Bootleg Guy said...

Huh. I actually thought this was the weakest episode of the season. I couldn't get my mind around Jules being in control of the relationship. The show's premise works so well because of Jules' insecurities. When she's pulling the relationship strings, I dunno...it felt a little to "Samantha from SitC-ish".

Joe Reid said...

See, and I think Jules can't be SO hapless all the time. Jules being in control of the relationship makes sense to me (part of the reason she's dating younger guys). And she still had plenty of insecurities, even from the driver's seat.

pvt. awesome said...

I had to pause it when Barb appeared out of nowhere because there exchange had me in fits. So funny!

Joe Reid said...

And speaking of that scene, was the use of the Dashboard song a sarcastic comment on the way Scrubs would use very Dashboard-y songs to goose their more romantic moments? Or was that an actual attempt to goose a romantic moment that I instead found funny? Either way, thumbs up to making that song tolerable again!