Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Brief Conversation About Design (+ a call to action)

So my homegirl AB Chao has gone and entered herself into an interior design contest for the amazing new bedroom design she gave herself. So now she's in this contest! With eleven other chumps! Please go vote for her (Room 2!) in order to preserve the meritocracy in our times.

Also, please enjoy this lil' conversation we had about the judgery:

AB Chao: Let's talk about this: Kelly Wearstler is one of the judges.
Joe: !!!
AB Chao: I mean, maybe after I win she will teach me to crimp my hair.
Joe: Imagine what she's wearing while she judges. IMAGINE!
AB Chao: I am TRYING to imagine, and yet, I cannot.
Joe: Opera gloves. A grass skirt.
AB Chao: A midriff-length bathrobe.
Joe: Military jacket. Gardenia in her hair.
AB Chao: Dutch clogs. A live chicken in her hair. Oh wait, you already said gardenia.
Joe: She could have both. Let's not kid ourselves.
AB Chao: I assume the gardenia will be a delicious snack for the chicken.
Joe: OMG, dressing Imaginary Kelly Wearstler is like Mad Libs.


abchao said...

Oh my Lord, La Wearstler is gonna see this and think we're making fun of her. But it's all from LOVE. Y'all don't even know. I love her so much.

Thanks for the call to action, Joe R!

DuchessKitty said...

You know those "Pound Puppy" pants that Flea wears in the Red Hot Chili Peppers' video for "Higher Ground"?
THAT'S what I imagine Kelly Wearstler wearing while judging this design contest. Those pants paired with a white ruffled tuxedo shirt, Laboutin platform patent leather heels, and her hair teased out into a huge afro - with a gardenia of course.
Love her! And seriously, Kelly Wearstler Fashion Mad Libs is my new favorite thing to do when I need a pick-me-up at work.
Thanks guys! And good luck ABChao!

Deirdre said...

I was going to vote for her anyway just because I loved her Grey's Anatomy recaps (back when I was still watching), but she actually does have the best room! The couple from L.A. came close, but I'm a sucker for strong colours, and the room isn't violently over-decorated like a lot of them. (Why do people do that? WHY?)

Anyway, good luck, AB! And congrats on the room, regardless.

Maria said...

Eeee! AB is winning! Rightfully damn so, I might add.

@DuchessKitty: I can totally see Wearstler wearing a floor-length COAT of stuffed animals! She'd totally pull it off, too.

DuchessKitty said...

Woohoo! ABChao won "Reader's Choice"! Congrats Anna Beth.