Sunday, July 05, 2009

'Round Springfield XXXIII: Infinite Lists

Two things, really:

1) My girl Sarah Blackwood (she of the marathon Challenge chats) has decided to re-boot her blog, Drunken Bee, and I could not be happier. She also convinced me to take part in the Infinite Summer which, in case you don't feel like clicking over, is an internet-wide book club dedicated to reading David Foster Wallace's intimidating novel Infinite Jest by summer's end. It's two weeks into the project and I'm already 50 pages behind the pace, so luckily Sarah has decided to get some Jest talk in on her own blog. Check over and see our thoughts on the first 70 pages or so. And try not to laugh as I get intellectually blown out of the water.

2) Please do head on over to The Critical Condition and check out Roommate Mark's Best Picture Expansion Project, where he takes the recent announcement that the Oscar field for Best Picture will be expanded to 10 nominees and retrofits that to Oscar races of the past twenty years or so. As I told Mark earlier this week, this project hits me exactly in my movie-geek/listmaker sweet spot, and I bet it'll do the same for y'all. Check it out!

No comments: