Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Now That You Mention It

It had completely slipped my mind, but after Vulture reminded me today, I've remembered to be completely grateful that Justin Timberlake didn't perform at yesterday's Michael Jackson Golden Casket Grief Bazaar. And that he's been pretty well off the radar entirely these last couple weeks.

Keep it that way, babe.

As soon as MJ died, I've been dreading Justin trotting out into the public eye, acting as some kind of spokesperson for the generation who grew up idolozing Michael's music. He's been shoved into that box -- and he's shoved himself into that box enough times too -- since he went solo. And it's always been one of my least favorite aspects of a guy I otherwise love.

There's no guaranteeing that Justin doesn't have one whopper of an obnoxious MJ tribute planned for down the line. But for now, I'm just happy that he let Usher play the ass yesterday.


Michiewah said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. And yes, Usher was quite the ass yesterday. I didn't even watch it (at work, oh well), but when I saw clips on the news of Usher sob-singing ("sobging"?) I just wanted to slap him.

Jenn said...

"Golden Casket Grief Bazaar"? Perfect.