Monday, June 22, 2009

Catching Up

So since the past month at Low Res has pretty much been monopolized by either The Dance, The Challenge, or me going full weeks without posting, I have definitely missed throwing some love in the direction of some of my favorite web treats of the moment. Consider this my attempt to play catch-up:

I've been derelict in my Embarrassing Movie Series updates, but Tara and Will have been picking up the slack on Sling: here they are on The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (which I found to be boring-ish and not bad enough to be good), and I get to briefly join in the fun with our assessment of Bride Wars.

Speaking of which, I joined Tara, Will, and Dave for the latest Overwhelming Positivity podcast, on the subject of crazy bitches, childhood toys, and much more.

If you're looking for a brand new blog to cherish, I cannot recommend That's Important! highly enough. For updates on everything from Candyland's Lord Licorice to Teresa the craziest Real Housewife to 227, it's a compendium of everything that is very, very important.

Roommate Mark is blogging the new True Blood season over at The Huffington Post -- you should really be reading it.

Over at The Film Experience, Nathaniel has been offering heaps and heaps of fantastic posts on the occasion of Meryl Streep's 60th jubilee year. Required reading for Streep fans, movie fans, anyone really.

Finally, if your summer TV schedule is looking lean -- True Blood and Wipeout can only fill up so many hours in the day, after all -- consider joining in on some classic TV re-watchings. The Onion AV Club's TV Club is doing Buffy, Deadwood, and The West Wing; meanwhile, Alan Sepinwall is covering Sports Night.

No comments: