Monday, April 06, 2009

There's Just No Bull About This Blog Post

You guys...remember The Paper? It was only one short year ago that we were introduced to the Cypress Bay high school newspaper and its band of committed nerds lead/antagonized by editor-in-chief Amanda Lorber. One short, glorious season is apparently all MTV saw fit to give us; which puts it in the bin with Bands on the Run and Dead at 21 with the shows that only I remember.

But, as luck would have it, I wasn't completely alone in my love for The Paper, and today, that pays off is spectacular fashion. The esteemed Tara Ariano -- of TWoP, Fametracker, and Embarrassing Movie Wednesdays fame -- has chosen to use her new position at Sling.com to preach the gospel of Lorber. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: The Great Sling.com Rewatch of The Paper.

I KNOW!

Join me, won't you?

6 comments:

Secretly Stephie said...

Hooray!!

Joslyn H said...

Hey, I remember Bands on the Run! And Dalton Ross of EW mentions it every now and then. Oh, Flickerstick...

Maria said...

I'm so incredibly happy about this!

I loved Bands on the Run, and Dave B's recaps. Those poor girls in Harlowe.

"Lady" Bea said...

I remember "Dead at 21!!!" I have been hoping for a dvd release that will never come for years. It's very sad. :(

ed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joe Reid said...

If we are ever graced with a DVD set of "Bands on the Run," I might not ever stop writing about it on here. Oh, but for the chance to mock Soul Cracker again.