Friday, April 03, 2009

Is This Heaven?

"No, it's Iowa."

(First?? First person to use that reference today??)
"Iowa became the first state in the Midwest to approve same-sex marriage on Friday, after the Iowa Supreme Court unanimously decided that a 1998 law limiting marriage to a man and a woman was unconstitutional."
Unanimous! IOWA! That's all very good news. I'm sure that's not the last we'll hear of the fight for equal marriage rights in Iowa, but it's a heck of a leap forward.

Now I just need James Earl Jones to pump me up with a modified version of my favorite hokey monologue in all of movies. Can somebody get on that?


notanillusion said...

I never thought I'd say this, but: Iowa, fuck yeah!

jessica said...

I hear Des Moines is actually a lot like Columbus (the company I work for having offices in both cities), but I'm not sure if that includes the extremely large gay population. Yes, that's right. Columbus, Ohio -- HUGE gay population.