Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Maybe I'm Just a Sucker for Brackets

First there was the utterly divine Fug Madness over at Go Fug Yourself. Year Two of the tournament is proving to be even funnier than last year. And now, Best Week Ever has just created the most awesome thing ever: '90s Movie Madness, a 64-movie bracket competition set to determine the most '90s movie of all.

Taking a quick spin around the brackets, I'm faced with the following IMPOSSIBLE choices:

Cruel Intentions versus Speed?

Clueless versus Showgirls??

EMPIRE RECORDS versus THE CUTTING EDGE???

Why not ask me to choose between my nonexistent CHILDREN??

Seriously, though, head on over and vote. Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead should be beating Hackers by WAY more than it is.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I would, but...do you have to type your votes into the comments? That is the worst system ever. Not to be a wet blanket, but this is a great idea executed incredibly badly.

Carrie Ann said...

I love the 90's Movie Madness brackets like whoa. For me, the three toughest choices are Ace Ventura vs. Home Alone, Swingers vs. The Blair Witch Project, and Austin Powers vs. The Mighty Ducks. Each one is SO 90's in its own way.

Joe Reid said...

Yeah, I didn't link to the actual post where there is voting (now linked). There are flash modules that should show up at the bottom on that post that prompt the voting.

The Professor said...

The concept for this bracketology theme is pretty fucking righteous, I have to admit...and I'm generally one that gets sick of the whole bracketology thing...