Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Music Meme #2

I want to do these every few weeks or so, I think. Both because it's an easy way to get content up here and because I think it's fun.

*Oh, and if you look at this list and you see you know, like, fifteen of them, try and only answer a handful. Fun for everyone!

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the 1st 25 songs no matter how embarrassing
Step 3: Strike through once someone guesses both the artist and the track correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing, looking up the lyrics is CHEATING.
Step 5: If you like the game post your own.

1. I got my head checked by a jumbo jet Blur, "Song 2"
2. Why don't you ask him if he's gonna stay Fleetwood Mac, "Tusk"
3. Backword words, he got 'em, shut up, I'm talking Republica, "Drop Dead Gorgeous"
4. I thought I saw a man brought to life Natalie Imbruglia, "Torn"
5. They say I'm fabulously rich, come on just let's go Tragically Hip, "Grace, Too"
6. She comes out on Fridays every time Counting Crows, "American Girls"
7. You only see what your eyes want to see Madonna, "Frozen"
8. In a coffee shop, in a city, which is every coffee shop in every city Ani DiFranco, "Little Plastic Castle"
9. Pack up, I'm straight enough Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Maps"
10. Memories are just where you laid them Fuel, "Hemorrhage"
11. that summer fields grew high, with foxglove stalks and ivy 10,000 Maniacs, "Stockton Gala Days"
12. On nights like this, when the world's a bit amiss Hedwig and the Angry Inch, "Wig in a Box"
13. let me use your toothbrush, have you got a clean shirt? Joan Osborne, "Right Hand Man"
14. You got a hundred dollar bill, get your hands up Faith Evans, "Love Like This Before"
15. I had to escape, the city was sticky and cruel Cyndi Lauper, "I Drove All Night"
16. You're strutting into town like you're slinging a gun Cher, "Just Like Jesse James"
17. I'm on my second drink, but I've had a few before The Donnas, "Take It Off"
18. It was an early morning yesterday, I was up before the dawn Supertramp, "Goodbye Stranger"
19. In the deepest ocean, the bottom of the sea Radiohead, "Weird "Fishes/Appreggi
20. What am I not supposed to have an opinion Christina Aguilera/Lil' Kim, "Can't Hold Us Down"
21. And now I know, Spanish Harlem are not just pretty words to say Elton John, "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters"
22. With your feet on the air and your head on the ground The Pixies, "Where Is My Mind"
23. I catch the paper boy, but things don't really change David Bowie, "Modern Love"
24. Last night, I dreamt of San Pedro Madonna, "La Isla Bonita"
25. cut my tongue out, I've been caught out Garbage, "When I Grow Up"

31 comments:

Mike said...

11) Track 5 from "Our Time in Eden": "Stockton Gala Days" by 10,000 Maniacs

13) Track 3 from "Relish": "Right Hand Man" by Joan Osborne

Alice said...

1) Song 2 - Blur

24) La Isla Bonita - Madonna

Lauren said...

#15 -- "I Drove All Night" -- Cyndi Lauper

#21 -- "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" -- Elton John

#23 -- "Modern Love" -- David Bowie

Lorla said...

4) Torn by Natalie Imbruglia (sp?)

Anonymous said...

18. Goodbye Stranger- Supertramp
(which is why this is my favorite blog!)

Catherine said...

#16: "Jesse James" by Cher. AWESOME song. :)

Nicole Moore said...

6--"American Girls" by the Counting Crows

Natalie said...

2) Tusk by Fleetwood Mac

Lee said...

8) Little Plastic Castles - Ani DiFranco

12) Wig in a Box - Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Joe Reid said...

Yes to everybody! Great guessing!

Dame James Henry said...

17. The Donnas "Take It Off"

Megan said...

3) "Drop Dead Gorgeous" by Republica

Megan said...

Oh! I know another one!
9) "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Lauren said...

22 -- "Where is My Mind?", The Pixies.

Cory said...

17. The Donnas "Take It Off"

sb said...

5. "Grace, Too" by The Tragically Hip

notanillusion said...

Number 7 is "Frozen" by Madonna, no?

Michiewah said...

Track #7 - "Frozen" by Madonna

Anonymous said...

10) "In My Hands" by Fuel ?

Clare said...

25 is "When I Grow Up" by Garbage

Stephanie said...

Track 10: "Hemorrhage" by Fuel

Julia C said...

#20 - Can't Hold Us Down, Christina Aguilera

jester said...

#19 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi- Radiohead

Anonymous said...

17) "Take It Off" by The Donnas

beadgirl said...

Ooh, I got one! 22 is "Where Is My Mind?" by the Pixies

(Given how many of these songs are on my own iPod, I really should be getting more.)

BeRightBack said...

14: Get Your Hands Up, Crooklyn Clan (Faith Evans and....someone)

Brian said...

#5 Tragically Hip- Grace Too

Jennie said...

7 is Frozen by Madonna.
20 is... something by Christina Aguleria (that one with Lil' Kim...)

Jennie said...

20 - Can't Hold Us Down! Christina Aguleria and Lil' Kim

Anonymous said...

#17 - The Donnas "Take It Off"

Joe Reid said...

I was flirting with keeping this open and seeing just how many people would re-guess the Donnas song, but we have officially guessed them all! Multiple times! Well done, my nerds.