Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wanda Sykes: One of Us! One of Us!

I didn't think I could appreciate Wanda Sykes more. I was wrong. Apparently she came out today at one of the Prop 8 rallies in Las Vegas. Not that she hadn't already been pretty outspoken about gay rights, especially recently, but this is definitely news. At least early in her career, Wanda would talk about her (then) husband. Now, I'm not saying I buy into the idea of negative experiences with the opposite sex "turning" someone gay. But this couldn't have helped.

Anyway, here's a clip of Wanda talking not about gay rights but about prescription drugs. Why? Because whenever I see Sally Field hawking Boniva on TV, I start to giggle, and I think you all should know why.

3 comments:

Jeff Hansen said...

Dammit! I *HATE* Wanda Sykes. Couldn't it be someone even remotely tolerable?

Anonymous said...

I *LOVE* Wanda Sykes. Next up: Queen Latifah.

T-Square said...

I'm just hoping that one of these days Missy Elliot is going to *actually* come out, instead of just dating former ANTM contestants.