Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trailer Trash Tweekend



That'd be the trailer for Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla, which should look familiar to you if you've seen any other Guy Ritchie movie or any other movie about criminals with thick British accents, really. The thing looks like a knockoff of a knockoff of a knockoff. And yet...I kinda want to see it. It makes no sense. I've long since grown tired of the whole Guy Ritchie thing, and I've been on record as not believing in Gerard Butler as either a movie star of a sex symbol. (It really does come down to the "thufferin' thuccotash!" Sylvester the cat speech impediment. Which is an incredibly shallow way to judge a man's sex appeal, I realize.) And yet when he does this little move in the trailer ...

... it really is quite appealing.

Quit messing with my long-held beliefs, RocknRolla!

2 comments:

deirdre said...

"Knockoff of a knockoff of a knockoff" is exactly right, and I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, but it's kinda worth seeing just for the eye candy. Which is not just Butler, using his own accent and in some very flash clothes, but also the smokin' Idris Elba, also using his own accent (I think) and in some very flash clothes.

deirdre said...

PS - I should say, though, that there's a fair amount of... I don't know what to call it. Gay fear-centred humour, maybe? which is a turn-off.