Sunday, October 26, 2008

'Round Springfield XXX: Sasha Fierce!

So I don't want to pat myself on the back too vigorously or anything, but we're doing some funny things over at SOAPnet, and I'm proud to be a part of them. First off, if you haven't checked out the Gossip Girl finger puppets yet, you really have to. They're not all posted yet, but I assure you, they're all fabulous; I have big hopes and dreams for Finger Puppet Chuck Bass, I really do.

And, if you want something I actually had a creative hand in, please check out our coverage of Beyonce's alter-ago Sasha Fierce. I haven't had that much fun spending an afternoon making up silly names in a long time.

In other awesome news, the Tomato Nation Donors Choose project hit $100,000 with time to spare (which...how incredibly awesome). Y'all are still welcome and encouraged to keep donating through the 31st, as there are still projects to fund. And keep forwarding me those confim emails -- the "program Low Res for a day" contest is still accepting entires.

In other random linkage:

-- My New Plaid Pants ups the threat level on Jake Gyllenhaal's hair to orange.
-- Yahoo Sports explores the disastrous effects Sarah Palin has been having on this country's hockey teams.
-- Stinkylulu presents this month's Supporting Actress Smackdown for 1976, featuring the dirtiest pillows ever nominated for Oscar.
-- Roommate Mark brings back fond memories of Muppet Babies and thus has earned my eternal gratitude.

2 comments:

Bo said...

We Flyers fans were delighted that Palin dropped the puck in St. Louis, because apparently the curse of Sarah Palin is transferable and not durable. As soon as she dropped that puck, our curse was wiped out. The Flyers had not won in NJ since 2004 and have always had a really hard time beating the Devils. As soon as the curse was transferred to the Blues, the Flyers won back to back against NJ in a home and home. Sadly, the Blues puck drop came a couple of days late to sake Briere.

For the Blues sake, someone else should have her. But for the fans sake, let's hope that's her last puck drop outside of Alaska. Ever.

Bo said...

first sake=save
I hate morning.