Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Everything I Learned in Life, I Learned from Dad and Rihanna

So the other day, I was emailing back and forth with my dad, hoping he could ease my mind a bit about this whole catastrophic financial crisis thing. After we took turns knocking on wood that we both stay employed, Dad summed it up with these words: "We're not in control anyway. Live your life."

Now, aside from that being simultaneously comforting and utterly terrifying, what struck me was this: since when are my Dad and T.I. sharing the same brain?

Live Your Life - T.I. Ft. Rihanna

Seriously, though, I LOVE this song already. It's both deceptively simple and tremendously dumb at once, and really, who can resist an "Ayyyyy....ohhhhh!"-based chorus? You know the name Naughty By Nature for a reason.

So do like the man says: live your life. Keep your head up. And if you hear my dad start talking about "chasin' that paper," you have got to give me a call.

No comments: