Monday, September 01, 2008

An Announcement

I know a lot of you came to find this blog via my work at Television Without Pity. By now, you know that I ended my full-time employment with TWoP and Bravo back in May but have persisted in writing recaps.

It's now my happy privilege to report that I've found a new place to hang my hat, job-wise: SOAPnet.com, where I'll be writing about celebrity news, prime-time dramas, and, yes, daytime programming, a.k.a. soaps. Ask me sometime about Samantha Ronson. I'm becoming quite an expert!

Anyway, the flip side of that coin is that my time as a recapper for TWoP has come to an end. I want to thank everybody here who read and enjoyed my recaps; rest assured you'll be hard-pressed to keep me quiet about American Idol or Brothers & Sisters or the Real World/Road Rules Challenge around these parts. And I hope you check me out on SOAPnet! Fancy new web digs and I'll be working in the same building as The View! Oh lord.

EDIT: I'm going to be in L.A. this week, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of posting. I will try to get a Watchmen entry up, but if you don't see anything until the weekend, you'll know why.

20 comments:

ModFab said...

Congrats, Joe! Couldn't have happened to a better blogger, I say.

Tracy said...

Noooo! Not you, too!

Oh, well. Congrats on the new gig; I'm sure everyone's going to love you.

Trish said...

Congrats, Joe! I'm really going to miss your American Idol recaps, like, a lot. Soapnet's lucky to have you!!

Glark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glark said...

I'm not saying anything you haven't heard before but: Sorry again. Awesome new gig. And see you when I get back in town. :)

P.S. I'm so lurking around your Watchmen posts.

Linda said...

I knew I could trust you with my keychain.

You are the absolute bomb, Joe. A better person to share every aspect of that experience, I could not have found. I'm so happy for you. I know that you will sorely miss having the gym next door so you can hear the 1986 Prom Memorial Spin Class or whatever the holy hell that was, but I'm sure you will find ways to amuse yourself in a new building.

Best wishes! Go, go, go!

Glark said...

Don't forget about Billy Bush.

Danny said...

Congrats Joe! Good luck with the new gig. With you gone it will be hard to find more reasons to continue to visit TWoP.

Tara said...

Congratulations on your new gig -- I look forward to you kicking new kinds of ass!

JennB said...

I'll miss your Idol recaps, too. And now you won't get to recap Damages! How sad. Enjoy ogling all the hot soap stars at your new job, which I would consider the biggest perk.

Bo said...

Congrats Joe. And yay! A good reason to add to the many you already had for returning to the big city.

Maria said...

I've said it before, but congrats on making it back to NYC and your new adventure so quickly! I can't wait to read your new stuff!

deirdre said...

Congrats on the new gig!

jessica said...

I think I officially gave up on TWOP a month or two ago, but you leaving means there's no reason to second guess. You are a fabulous recapper, Joe, and I remain a huge fan of your writing in general. I doubt I'll be reading much soap news, but if you post anything re: DOOL I might have to check it out since I still know some of the players (I saw bits and pieces last time I was in NY and I swear I thought half those characters had died, but ... apparently not).

Monster congratulations on all your successes. And maybe you could just post the occasional Idol recap/review/rant over here?

pvt. awesome said...

congratulations, joe! i'll join the chorus of those who will miss your idol recaps, but still wish you the best with your new gig.

Carrie Ann said...

Joe! Congratulations! That is such awesome news. Now I'm down to about three recappers at TWoP, but I look forward to checking you out at SOAPnet instead.

Julie Barnes said...

Great news for you, sad news for us, Joe. I'm so happy for you. I guess I'll have to pick my soaps up, again.

GiarraBlum said...

Congratulations Joe!! Look forward to reading Soapnet

Brooke Cloudbuster said...

You work in the same building as The View?

YOU. ARE. GOD.

Emily said...

Excellent news, Joe! I haven't watched for several years, but if you ever need a history lesson about All My Children, just give me a jingle.