Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Well, Shit.


Looks like I'm gonna have to watch Dancing with the Stars this season. I was already obligated to give half a damn, supporting the tribe and all. (And honestly, I've said this before, but I'm onboard with Lance Bass. Sure, he doesn't really DO anything all that interesting, but he seems like a totally nice guy, and he was great on Kathy Griffin's show this season. I'm down.)

But now that I hear that Lance's Dancing partner will be none other than Lacey Schwimmer, my total favorite from Season 3 of So You Think You Can Dance? I'm totally committed. God damn it. Looking at the competition, Lance and Lacey seem to have a decent shot at this, too. I'd place them as the pre-season favorites, along with Susan Lucci (those crazy-obsessed soap fans brought Kelly Monaco the Season 1 title), the kid from Hannah Montana (those Disney Channel kids have scar-obsessed fans of their own), and Misty May-Treanor, who might be able to ride some of that residual Olympic goodwill.

So, you know. Yet another television season dominated by The Dance.

13 comments:

Linda said...

My guess is that Lance Bass will go pretty far, too, so you may be on board for some time.

Mertseger said...

I'd certainly expect Misty and Maks to have the necessary focus to go far. And Cheryl with anyone remotely athletic is always a threat. But, indeed, Lance and Lacey is a potent combination. I loved him in Tropic Thunder.

Poor Edyta (or, maybe not, given how much she is apparently hated). I like the idea of a chef for the show, though I don't know this one. I could do without a football player some season, though.

Vance said...

i know. I heard that this morning (from KISS' Nicholas Picklas no less)and now I'm a little torn. Should I watch? ARGH...

Sarah D. Bunting said...

Whatever, Joe. You're totally watching for Rocco DiSpirito.

JennB said...

What's the over/under on how many episodes Mama DiSpirito will appear in?

Kaitlyn said...

Wow, I love how they can't mention that she was a finalist on SYTYCD. Scrolling down further, there's a kid on this show who plays a character named "JAKE RYAN" on Hannah Montana. I object. That name is sacred to Sixteen Candles and should never be used again, ever.

jessica said...

Oh My God, I'm already in love with Misty and Maks.

Sus said...

Ah, but if I remember correctly, Lance was the suckiest dancer in *NSYNC. And I'm sorry, but too much of Lacey makes me want to hunt and kill her "The Most Dangerous Game"–style.

Eh, maybe they'll surprise me.

Joe Reid said...

To be fair, Joey Fatone was the worst dancer in NSYNC and he managed to do pretty well on DWTS. (The worst dancer in NSYNC was a three-way tie between Lance, Joey, and Chris. Just like the worst singer in NSYNC was. And the homeliest member of NSYNC.)

Joe Reid said...

Oh, and re: Misty May, just remember that "athlete" doesn't always equal "good dancer." I saw some of that Monica Seles footage.

Sus said...

"To be fair, Joey Fatone was the worst dancer in NSYNC and he managed to do pretty well on DWTS."

Too true. I remember him being pretty good though. Maybe I'm thinking of the music video they did where Wade Robson was Joey's dance double, hence making Lance the worst dancer at that point.

Why am I able to remember such minutia, and not the important stuff?

Mertseger said...

What could conceivably be more important than Essential Boy-band History? It's the flaming ball of gas around which the entire solar system of popCult revolves.

jessica said...

I have no idea if Misty May can dance but she would be hard pressed to be worse than Monica Seles. And it matters not, because I LOVE HER and I love Maks even though many people don't, and I'm seriously looking forward to them as a couple.