Monday, August 25, 2008

Quotable: Krysta Now (and Friends)

I honestly started off that last post about Southland Tales intending to do a whole appreciation of Sarah Michelle Gellar's Krysta Now, but I got sidetracked by the whole unraveling the plot of the movie thing. But it's just as well, since the wisdom of Krysta Now -- and a handful of other characters from the Southland -- really does deserve its own post.

"I liked to get fucked. I like to get fucked hard. But you have to draw the line somewhere. I mean, violence is a big problem in our society today, and I will not support it. And that's the primary reason why I won't do anal."

[Bonus points for "teenage horniness" and "quantum teleportation" on the crawl]

"We're a bisexual nation living in denial, all because of a bunch of nerds. A bunch of nerds who got off a boat in the 15th century and decided sex was something to be ashamed of. All the pilgrims did was ruin the American Indian orgy of freedom."

"In my first six movies I was just Krysta, but then, in order to differentiate myself from the seventy-six other Krystas in the business, I added the 'Now.' It's all about now. 2008. Not next week. Not tomorrow. If you want to fuck me, you can fuck me 'Now.'"

"I'm fucking a very large and important man."

And of course, the classic:

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted."

And the two best non-Krysta quotes:


"The fourth dimension will collapse upon itself. You stupid bitch."


Anonymous said...

nice screencaps.

and i really want to see sarah michelle gellar and seann william scott in more films that good.

Kamikaze Camel said...

God she was good in that movie. I, however, can't say the movie around her was as good.

mB said...

I do love SMG, and that character was such a good fit! So quotable, so ditzy, so blond, so Now!