Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh Those Mannings

Haters be damned, I think we all need to stop and recognize the contributions that Peyton Manning has made to the field of celebrity endorsement and humerous TV spots. He's really come a long way from the stiff goober he was when he entered the league. This latest ad had been all over the U.S. Open, with the Williams sisters going up against the brothers Manning.



Peyton's an old hand at this by now, so props need to be given to the other two standouts in this spot: Venus, for her "You should be" line, and Eli for his "And stop copying us!" Athletes have a pretty low bar to clear to be considered good at the acting thing, but this commercial's really firing on all cylinders.

6 comments:

Vance said...

Ha, I was going to try to find this commercial because I LOVED IT. I'm not even a sports fan and to be honest, I only know the Mannings cause they are hot and Peyton was hilarious on SNL, but that's a GREAT commercial. I actually went to check the website RIGHT AWAY. I NEVER do that.

can someone pass me an oreo?

jam said...

Yeah, and the Brothers Manning have an "I miss football" ad out now that's fairly amusing, where they try other games, like Jenga, Hungry Hippos, Thumb War... but I can't find it on YouTube.

Jalehlabad said...

Jam, I think you are looking for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFg005sQG9A

Vance said...

Oh yeah. love that commercial too.

jessica said...

The Manning brothers make my favorite commercials, overall, in general. They're really great and really open to silliness.

michiewah said...

"It's AWNN like Donkey KAWNNG." Oh Peyon, he slays me.