Tuesday, July 08, 2008

"We're All Gonna DIE!"

Jason went and posted my very, very, VERY favorite Mary Cherry moment from Popular -- the grim death of Lil' Eddie the lobster. Not to be outdone (or in the spirit of bloggy cooperation, whatever you'd rather), I'm taking the opportunity to remind you of my second-favorite Mary Cherry moment. From episode 1.14 "Caged":

The scene: the Kim Novak Ladies Room at Jacqueline Kennedy High School, where three blondes, three browns, and one dirty whore player-player have found themselves locked with nothing synched-up menstrual cycles and scandalous secrets to keep them company.

The clip:



Leslie Grossman deserves her own holiday. More Mary Cherry goodness for your (okay: my) amusement:




2 comments:

Brooke Cloudbuster said...

I used to love this show when I was 10, then my love has slowly increased to me thinking it's one of the best shows ever. Just because it's so silly and outrageous and sometimes downright bad.

And Mary Cherry is a primary reason for me loving this show. Leslie Grossman deserves her own movie, TV show, stage production. Anything! Just get her working again.

And I love you so much for this. Caged is in the running for my favourite episode of the first season; and probably the series because the second season wasn't as fun.

pvt. awesome said...

this is my most favorite mary cherry moment of them all! i don't know how they pulled it off, but it makes me infinitely happy that her character ever even existed on television.