Wednesday, July 23, 2008

'Round Springfield XXIV: Picture It...

I missed posting about the passing of Estelle "Sophia 'Ma' Petrillo" Getty, but check out the fine memorial posts from My New Plaid Pants, That Bootleg Guy (who totally ganked what would have been my post title), and the fabulous ladies at Go Fug Yourself.

Towleroad passes on the news that the bitingly brilliant Simon Doonan and his long-time boyfriend Jonathan Adler (he of the unfortunately awkward delivery on Top Design last year) will get married in California. Congrats to my favorite gay couple this side of Cherry Jones and Sarah Paulson.

Sticking with the pink theme, After Elton is talking about that New York Observer story about Old Gays and New Gays and New Old Gays and whatever else. I defy you to even read an excerpt of that article without getting a headache. Can people stop asking me to choose to be one type of gay?

Finally, Best Week Ever commemorates the...I guess nine-year anniversary (?) of American Pie. Whatever, it's good enough for a hilarious post that asks all the probing questions you forgot about after the second movie was such crap.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Types of gays? I didn't realize there were types. Other than, you know, the normal everyday different types of all people everywhere. I don't think gay needs it's own subset of types.

jessica said...

Types of gays? I didn't realize there were types. Other than, you know, the normal everyday different types of all people everywhere. I don't think gay needs its own subset of types.