Monday, July 07, 2008

One More Wimbledon Thing


I was looking around for this shot yesterday but couldn't find it -- thanks, Best Week Ever! -- but I really need to post this. Now, I normally really like Gavin and Gwen, and one of these days I'm going to have to tell you about how their kid is gonna end up being the weed hookup for all the other celebrity kids his age, but Jesus, guys, could you be more sourpussed? I realize that Federer's their friend and all, but they look like somebody just died. I'm pretty sure they don't have the excuse that they're world-class competitors who just suffered a crushing defeat, right? I'd hate to see what Gwen looks like when she loses a Grammy.

8 comments:

Val said...

Someone else noticed, thank god! Boyfriend was looking at me all askance because I kept telling Gavin's half-face to SHUT UP whenever they showed Roger's gf in the box. I mean, jeez crybabies, even Federer's DAD clapped for Rafa. Low-class losers!

Bo said...

Roger's girlfriend/manager looks pretty bummed there, too, but she has more of an excuse. However, if you're a tennis fan at all, it's impossible to watch that match and not end the day with tremendous respect and appreciation for what you just saw.

And even if you're not a tennis fan, how can you be that close the the sheer joy of another human being, and watch that progress through his family and to his country's prince and princess, and not have a tiny bit of that elation rub off on you.

Of course, I was weeping like a baby with appreciation, so who am I to judge?

par3182 said...

sourpussed? i think they look sad for their friend, who as you noted in an earlier entry was "devestated (sic), sitting there looking wrecked"

they may have applauded earlier; after all, that grandstanding grandstand climb went on for quite some time

Joe Reid said...

1) They didn't applaud earlier. I watched them. The whole time.

2) I never spell devestated correctly. Its my thing that I do.

JS said...

Gwen never looked like she was a tennis fan throughout the entire match. Maybe she's just from the Oracene Price School of Tennis Player Box Reactions but I always got the impression that Gavin just dragged her to watch and she couldn't believe a tennis match could last longer than their concerts combined.

But at this point, who cares, right?

jessica said...

Intentional stealth spelling errors. It's like a trademark!

Bad form, Stefani-Rossdales.

Anonymous said...

But isn't Gwen like really pregnant? I think she's just miserable in general at this point and it has nothing to do with the tennis match. Give the girl a break.

Deirdre said...

Wasn't Federer also a match away from breaking or matching a record at Wimbledon, too? That would probably be an extra dose of bummer.