Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Smackdown

That right there is my favorite supporting actress in a film from the calendar year 1999. Helena Bonham Carter as Marla Singer in Fight Club. Of course, HBC wasn't nominated that year, much to my everlasting chagrin. That being said, '99 was an uncommonly good year for Oscar's Supporting Actress category, with a full four nominees (each getting their first bit of Oscar attention) that would have matched my own ballot: Chloe Sevigny in Boys Don't Cry, Catherine Keener in Being John Malkovich, Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted, and Toni Collette in The Sixth Sense.

Lucky for me, then, that I got an invite to Stinkylulu's Supporting Actress Smackdown, where I get to air my grievances (though there aren't many) about the class of '99 and who should've taken it home. Much as I love her, it wasn't Morticia down there.


So click on over, check it out, and make your own voices heard.

No comments: