Friday, April 11, 2008

'Round Springfield

Okay, as always, me first: the latest American Idol recap, followed by my latest contribution to the wonderful Dan Blau's Week Without Pity video.

Next, other people:

Best Week Ever illustrates the difference between Pixar animation and Dreamworks animation remarkably well and reaffirms our trust in everything Pixar makes that isn't called Cars.

Jezebel's "Pot Psychology" sex "advice" segment has been a guilty pleasure of mine for a couple weeks. A pleasure because it's damn hilarious (Rich from FourFour strikes again). Guilty because...well, watch it.

The great cheese battle of our time rages on at Tomato Nation. If you haven't weighed in on Provolone vs. Havarti yet, please do it soon.

The Onion A.V. Club's Scott Tobias -- easily one of my favorite movie critics -- really sent me down the rabbit hole with his "New Cult Canon" piece on Primer, Shane Carruth's impenetrable nerd-opus about time machines and confusion. I actually went and watched the movie on Netflix immediately after reading the column, and damned if it didn't make more sense to me this time around. I'm learnin', Ma! I'm learnin'!

Finally, join Glark as he chronicles the further adventures in the Exciting Life of the Solitary Man. I never really thought of him as a deer's head kind of guy, but you know? I think it suits him.

1 comment:

Glark said...

It's all part of my British colonial gentlemen's study / atomic age knickknack style.