Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What He Said

So you know I'm obsessed with FourFour like a stalker from afar, but today he gives a terrifically joyous review of Neil Marshall's festival o' glorious garbage Doomsday. I was dragged, kicking and screaming, with a bag over my head, after being drugged, and held at gunpoint, with threats made against my loved ones, to go see this movie last night. It's a terrible film, to be sure, but a SPECTACULARLY terrible film at times. I totally enjoyed it in spite of myself. I could offer up a review of my own, but it'd only be me mentioning the 6,000 times Marshall ripped off Mad Max, so I'm simply linking to the FourFour review, because...basically yeah. One thing I will add is the fact that David O'Hara was clearly told at some point that his Scottish accent was making his lines completely unintelligible and was asked to speak as slowly as possible to compensate. There's no other explanation for the way that guy talked in this movie, other than an additional chromosome.

4 comments:

Latimer's Domain said...

That movie was horrid. To think it's the from the same guy who did The Descent. I liken this whole situation to Kurt Wimmer and his follow-up to Equilibrium. Take a guess.

AB and the Bear Suits said...

Thanks for the "FourFour" recommendation. Now I have another awesome blog to keep me from doing my job. Huzzah!

jessica said...

Hee! Gumpoint. I'm totally going to start attacking people with Big Red now. It's so much more intimidating than Trident.

Joe Reid said...

Siiiiigh. Fixed.