Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Trailer Trash: Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Above you'll find the red-band trailer for the Judd Apatow-produced (but not -directed) Forgetting Sarah Marshall, starring Jason Segel, Kristen Bell, and all the Apatowians who didn't go make The Pineapple Express instead.

It's looks to be more of the same from the Apatow crew, which means a) that it's going to be funny, but b) that we'll have seen this shtick an awful lot by the time the year is out. I love the guy, and lord knows I'll keep watching so long as they keep employing Paul Rudd, but it's getting a little predictable.

As for Kristen Bell, I have to say I'm encouraged by what I see in the trailer. I thought she'd kind of gotten the raw deal to be playing the film's shrew rather than the "good girl," but clearly Mila Kunis got stuck with the shit role here as Kristen's character seems much more complex than I'd given the movie credit for. It could all be a big fakeout, but it looks like an ex-girlfriend might have been put to paper who is not a shrieking bitch? I know it's a lot to ask of some of these boys who are writing the movies, but we can hope. Either way, her line reading of "Do you want to put some clothes on?" is choice.

Plus: it's Jason Segel's time to shine! Hell yeah. Took long enough.

1 comment:

StickyKeys said...

Holy crap it's Russell Brand! I'm in love with him and Noel Fielding and all the other goff detectives because they're great fun and they love Stephen Fry.

I'm starting to love Kristen Bell from Heroes and Mila's always fun so I'm really looking forward to this movie. I don't know this Jason Segal guy, but you put Jonah Hill and Bill Heder together and you've got yourself a good night of trouble.

Good times.