Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An Ode To: Elaine Benes

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss came up randomly in conversation today, which led me to sing the praises, once again, of one of my very favorite fictional characters, Ms. Elaine Benes. God, she was wonderful. Just last night they reran the Seinfeld clip show (yes, the one with the Green Day song that I still kind of love, shut up it was my high school graduation year), and I swear to God, the line readings she gives during the whole "He took it out" episode are maybe the greatest the show ever had. I found it on YouTube, but you'll have to ignore the randomly inserted Cheers scene in the middle of the clip (WTF, YouTuber?):

4 comments:

par3182 said...

books, jerry

Kamikaze Camel said...

God I love Elaine. Greatest television character ever, if you ask me.

AB and the Bear Suits said...

P.S. Was that Dan Hedaya in the Cheers clip? Powerfully bad hair.

Brenda said...

When Seinfeld was really on, I think I was too young to appreciate Elaine. (I was in my teens.) Looking back now: LOVE. Such genius.