Monday, January 07, 2008

Boys Do Cry

So I saw the Stop-Loss trailer last night before There Will Be Blood (more on that in good time -- I'm not sure if I want to start the arguments with my blog pals so soon), and aside from the fact that it's Kimberly Pierce's first film since Boys Don't Cry (it'll have been almost nine years by the time this drops), I'll give you three guesses as to why I'm totally psyched to finally see this. (Hint: all three guesses will be correct.)

I am kind of weirded out by Abbie Cornish having a better Texas accent than Ryan Phillippe, but otherwise: sold.


qta said...

The boys are cute, the title graphics rule, looks like it will be a movie about the war that doesn't suck, JGL! I agree with you Joe, it looks good.

"Lady" Bea said...

I'm psyched for this one. The trailer had me a little choked up. I suck. Heh. And, yay Kimberly Pierce!

Carrie Ann said...

Really? For some reason this trailer put me off when I saw it before Juno. I think it's the dialog - it's so on the nose. But it's a trailer, and I know there has to be some measure of "As a character in this drama, I am going to tell you what is going on here."

jessica said...

I'm psyched for this too! Um, that's not a guess.

1) Hot boys, not the least of whom are Ryan Phillipe and Joseph Gordon Levitt.
2) A political film that "supports the troops" without supporting the war or the tactics of the government.
3) Everything else.

zooplah said...

I heard she was doing a new movie that was nothing like Boys Don't Cry. Obviously, this is it. Personally, I didn't like Boys Don't Cry. I was bored through the whole thing, found Swank's character pretty unlikable throughout, and really couldn't say I felt that sorry for her after all the deception she did through the whole thing.