Monday, October 22, 2007

No, YOU'RE On Notice!

Since I'm already blogging like a fiend tonight (and seriously, with my extended periods of unproductivity punctuated by spurts of bulk posting, I'm beginning to think I'm a bulimic blogger -- feel free to perpetuate that one throughout the internet, kids), I really need to get on the stick and remind y'all about the Tomato Nation Fall Contest before it's all over.

If you're reading this, there's already a better than 50/50 chance you know what I'm talking about anyway, but in case you haven't, allow me to catch you up quick:

So Sarah has a blog and every so often she'll use that blog to raise money for charity -- the ever-awesome Donors Choose -- and she and her excellent readers usually raise a boatload, and in exchange, Sarah will do something foolish. Last year, she shaved her head. This year, she pledged to don a tomato costume and do a dance (the Angela-got-a-kiss dance from My So-Called Life to be exact), and thus far her readers have drummed up -- are you ready? -- nearly $100,000. I know!

Along the way to 100 K, in addition to much generosity and a lot of misty blog postings, Claire Danes got involved. And so did Tim Minear. And then a mysterious stranger. And Greg Berlanti.
It's insane.

And NOW, who of all people should be making a run at Sarah's money-raising supremacy but one Stephen Colbert. It's THROW DOWN time, Colbert. Throw down for charity!

Seriously, anyone who would like to donate some cash to kids and schools who most definitely need it, here's where you can go. And then proceed directly to heaven.

No comments: