Friday, August 10, 2007

"Why Are You Like That? ...Like How You Are?"


You guys, you may not have heard it here first, but humor me and pretend you did.

My So-Called Life is finally coming to DVD! ...Again! If you recall, it was released in a wildly expensive, bare-bones set that ultimately became harder to find than Devon Odessa's career. That didn't stop me from borrowing Sars's copy for nigh upon a year, but good news, Sarah! I'll have a copy of my own soon!

The other good news is that this set is being produced by Shout!Factory, who gave us the jam-packed sets for Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, the two other most criminally cancelled shows of my time. So the special features look to be plentiful. And they got the rights to all the music. And it's gonna be totally affordable. That's some nice news to end the week with, right there. (Thanks to TVonDVD for the specs.)



















The complete season set gets released on October 30.

7 comments:

Marius said...

Good to know.

adam k. said...

This actually WAS the first I'd heard of this, so take heart. And what great news! I'd always wanted this series on DVD, but didn't want to pay $120 to get it. Especially since I've (gasp!) never seen a single episode. But by all accounts, it's phenomenal.

Also, I've recently gotten into "Battlestar Galactica" finally. I don't really watch TV at all anymore, which is why it took forever for me to finally say "fine" and download some on iTunes. And, well... "gotten into" is kind of an understatement. IT OWNS MY SOUL. IT IS BRILLIANT.

Yay for great TV. So rare these days.

Now where's that Actors' Tourney? Hmmm...

Neel Mehta said...

Ah, for the days when Claire Danes had eyebrows.

Trey said...

YES!

NATHANIEL R said...

this series is SO beautiful and so's the title of this post.

i'm getting choked up. can't wait to see this again

JA said...

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StickyKeys Says: said...

Lovely news! I watch Wilson Cruz on Noah's Arc and I'm always so happy he's working. I haven't really seen anyone else except for fat Graham in Reunion.