Wednesday, July 18, 2007

We'll Take This As An Apology

So you all may remember that I raved about the hastily-cancelled Kidnapped and how well the unaired episodes played when they were released on DVD. If it had stayed on the air, no shit, it would have been one of my top 5 shows of the season. It seems that someone at NBC -- or Dick Wolf himself -- might have been on that same wavelength, because Linus Roache just became the second Kidnapped alum (along with Jeremy Sisto) to get cast on the Law & Order mothership. Roache's character replaces Jack McCoy as the lead ADA, while McCoy moves up the ladder to District Attorney, while Fred Thompson leaves the show to unsuccessfully run for President.

I hardly ever make a point of watching new L&O episodes. It's not a serial which means there's no great urgency not to miss one, and they get run in syndication so often that I figure I'll see them soon enough. The Roache and Sisto castings might make me watch the new episodes after all.

3 comments:

That Bootleg Guy said...

Lord knows, L&O needed some freshness infused to its decaying corpse. Last season's Milena Govich experiment was the zillionth take on the "Angie Dickinson Police Woman with attitude" and failed spectacularly.

The show's also become a soapbox for Dick Wolf's unabashed liberal rantings. Hell, I'm a liberal and sometimes it's too much for me.

jessica said...

God help me, I can't seem to get AWAY from watching new L&O episodes. Even in the Dennis Farina period, may Lennie Briscoe rest in peace. Sisto's addition is not going to help in that department. His recent turn in Waitress has me almost afraid to miss him.

StickyKeys Says: said...

Kidnapped was on DVD?! I'll have to get that, I thought I was the only one who watched that.

I only watch L&O when there is absolutely nothing else on and even then it takes a lot for me to watch Famous Ray's, but I do love the Sisto. Hmm...