Saturday, May 12, 2007

Giant Flaming Bag Of Poo On NBC Doorstep Averted

Friday Night Lights has been renewed for a second season.

We'll have to wait for next week's upfronts to know where on the schedule it'll end up, but: good news! Next step: getting Connie Britton that Emmy nomination that's rightfully hers.

After my recent disappointment at the fates of my favorite mid-season series (Drive, The Black Donnelleys, RIP) and recent realization about how awesome Kidnapped would have gotten had it stayed on the air, I had forgotten what a great year it was for new TV, and that all my early season favorites -- FNL, 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters -- are coming back. Well played, TV.

EDIT: More good news: Scrubs is coming back as well!

8 comments:

Glark said...

Whew! I didn't want to have to step over that every day!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to your blog in a while and just clicked to see what was new - what a great piece of news to be surprised by! Yay!

jessica said...

Sweet! Now if they would just cancel ER already. I'm expecting that to happen now, since someone over there clearly reads your blog. Case in point, tonight's SNL, by far the funniest of the season thanks to host Molly Shannon. Plus there was a Caitlin sketch, which I am choosing to take as a personal shout out.

By the by, do you happen to know if CBS cancelled The Class? I haven't kept up on the news since it was "temporarily postponed" midseason. Too bad, too, because it's really quite funny. And Lizzie Caplan consistently knocks my socks off.

Joe R. said...

Last I heard, CBS was going to renew How I Met Your Mother, Old Christine, and David Spade's Annoying But We Love Puddy, and that meant that The Class was all but finished. Which means, yes, Lizzy Caplan will have to find another show for me to watch until it get cancelled.

Drunken Bee said...

Ugh, they're saying Fridays at 10 EST for FNL. Aiming for and hitting the lucrative "grandmas and assorted hospital patients" demographic, NBC? My imaginary Friday night plans are very thankful for TiVo right about now.

Sticky Keys said...

I'm very pleased that Scrubs is coming back! I know that it's gone down hill a bit in quality, but it deserves a proper final season. What I'm hearing though is that ABC is trying to pic it up? WTF?

Joe R. said...

drunken bee: That blows. Although, I think that weirdly will end up with more people actually watching the show (less time slot competition for your TiVo time), but it won't show up in the ratings. Boo!

Sticky: Yeah, the rumor was that if NBC hadn't brought it back, ABC would, because it's produced by Touchstone, which is within the Disney family.

Sticky Keys said...

It always comes back to Disney...