Friday, November 03, 2006

The One With Chandler N The Hood

Mom's wearing a cardigan, which probably tells you all you'll need to know for now. Dad's wearing a plaid shirt, modest blazer, and the permanent scowl of the emotionally distant and disapproving father. "Dammit, Tom," it seems to say, "I'm a coal miner, not a professional film and television actor." ("MerMAN!" cries Tom in anguish. "MerMAN.")

There wasn't a Studio 60 episode this week, but here's my recap from last week. The episode sucked an amount of ass I didn't think possible, but (or maybe as a result) the recap was quite enjoyable to write. Read it here.


mathan said...

Jose, I don't tell you this enough, but you're hilarious.

I actually kind of liked the episode. Well, the Black stuff anyway. I guess after watching the Black characters disappear for not reason (I'm looking at you Lost!) I was glad to see something about race addressed in primetime.

But even your attacks on that were on point. It's a funny show, made even more funny by your recapping. Kudos.

jessica said...

I actually hated the episode, but the recap took some of the bitterness out of my mouth.


Jeff Hansen said...

It was a pretty bad episode, but at least they finally setup why Studio 60 actually means something. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have meant anything in the last 50 years.