Friday, July 21, 2006

Trailer Trash: Infertile Power


Children of Men: Not entirely what I was expecting, but in a good way. It's science-fiction, but it looks completely real. And by the end of the clip it looks almost like a triumph-of-the-human-spirit thing. Which is where my complete trust in Alfonso Cuaron comes in handy. Am I crazy to think this could really be something special? I know I want to see it, immediately. Clive Owen and Julianne Moore don't hurt in that regard, either.



TMNT: Yes, those initials do indeed stand for "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," and between this and the Transformers movie, my childhood has been officially raped. I'm sorry, there already was a Ninja Turtles movie, and it was perfect. It was also maybe the last gasp for rubber-suited Jim Henson puppetry in mainstream entertainment (sorry, Farscape). These new CGI turtles with their sleek animated sheen aren't going to cut it.

3 comments:

Kamikaze Camel said...

omg the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is CLASSIC!

Sticky Keys said...

That movie was a classic only in that it was Nostalgic '80s, whatever that is. I can't wait for the remake. I had the oddest crush on Raphael. Though I would like to hang out with Michealangelo. Oh man, if the come out with a Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers/Darkwing Duck movie, I'll be good for the next few years.

Joe R. said...

I will not tolerate such blasphemy, Sticky Keys, I simply will not.