Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sticking the "Triple Props" Maneuver

First off, I'm taking part in Nathaniel Rogers's first annual Oscar Symposium over at The Film Experience. Watch me try and hold my own with cinematic minds far superior to my own!

Next, it's been almost a week now, but still do yourselves a favor and check out my friend Aaron Cameron's last column for Inside Pulse. Watch him blubber all over himself about how great it was to work alongside yours truly. I know, Cam. I know. And while you're there, check out Mathan Erhardt's triumphant return column. He remembers the greatness of Homicide: Life on the Street. That's enough.

Finally, join me in congratulating Low Resolution's adopted Olympic athlete Johnny Weir, who kicked a good amount of ass in his short program skate and is holding onto the silver medal spot (the gold is ... not happening, for Johnny or anyone else who isn't that Russian dude with the brick wall face). Thursday is the long program. Fingers crossed, you awesome role model, you.

3 comments:

OhMyTrill said...

I'm rooting for Johnny...

Thought Criminal said...

Johnny didn't do as well as we'd hoped, I guess. It made me sad.

Joe R. said...

I know. Poor Johnny. That entire second night was boring as hell across the board, I thought. The only skaters who did anything exciting were Lycacek and the Belgian dude (Van Den Hoffenblatten? Something Belgian?).