Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The E! True Hollywood Story: My Netflix List

A true story:

Me
: I gave you a little mental shout-out when Joaquin won last night. He was all sorts of unkempt-looking, but he was adorable nonetheless. He can go from Penn to cute in record time.

Sars: He is really cute, I think. I loved him so much in Signs.

Me
: He was pretty great in that. He's been in so many projects I haven't cared for, though. I never even think of him when it comes to actors I like. And I probably should, because he's got the goods.

Sars
: He does. He's always thinking; I respect that. Although...he was annoying in SpaceCamp.

Me
: In the what now?

Sars
: SpaceCamp!

Me
: …

Sars
: Lea Thompson! Tate Donovan!

Me
: Oh god. IMDb, here I come.

Sars
: YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT?!

Me
: Am I fired if I say I've never heard of it?

Sars
: ...You're fired twice. "Never heard of it." IT'S LIKE I DON'T KNOW YOU ANYMORE.

Me
: But ... but ...

Sars
: No. Rent it.

Me
: Holy god, that is some ... interesting cast.

Sars
: I'm telling you. You are an incomplete cultural commentator.

Me
: This'll work. It can play into my continuing anthropological study of Tom Skerritt's face.

Sars
: Oh shit, I forgot about him. Heh. This is why I usually don't make fun of Kate Capshaw, even though she deserves it.

Me
: I can honestly tell you ... never. Never once even heard tale of it.

Sars
: That is amazing to me. I'm old, but still.

Me
: No, because that was the same year as Goonies, I think [edit: Err, almost.], and I sure as shit saw that. It's probably just some random Chaos Theory-like fluke.

Sars
: I had never seen Goonies until last year. Guess who yelled at me for that?

Me
: Everybody?

Sars
: YOU.

Me
: Me? Would I do that?

Sars
: You gave me the nonplussed "...." So go rent your ass some SpaceCamp.

Me
: Maybe there was some rift and everybody who saw Goonies didn't see SpaceCamp and vice versa? I'm grasping here.

Sars
: My brother saw them both, so I don't know what the connection is.

Me
: Oh, man, Netflix has the trailer. But it says if I liked Adventures in Babysitting, I'll like this one. So that works for me.

Sars
: Yeah, that's accurate, I'd say.

So it was that I was thrown into the breach with SpaceCamp. [We meet again, Tate Donovan.] I'll let you all know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Maybe there was some rift and everybody who saw Goonies didn't see SpaceCamp and vice versa? I'm grasping here.

I adore "Space Camp," but have never seen "Goonies"...maybe it's like are you a Beatles guy or an Elvis guy kind of thing.