Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Happy Hate Day!

You ever have one of those days? Those Hate days? You know, when you’re pretty much aggravated by everything; and everyone at your job – even the ones you like – are sending you to the rage place; and someone somewhere said something that stuck in your craw and there’s nothing you can do about it; and about six times you almost fire off an e-mail to your boss that will surely end in “I don’t get paid enough to deal with this shit!”; and your back hurts; and you forgot your lunch; and you think you messed up programming your VCR so you’ll probably miss all or some of Nip/Tuck; and you realize if you weren’t so damn poor you could just get TiVo already; and damn so I still have two more hours before closing time?! One of those days.

If you ever happen upon a day like this, I urge you all to commission it your Hate Day. And hate on! I’m not advising taking things to a violence level. Nobody needs to have someone go all Falling Down on their city. But allow yourself – nay, encourage yourself – to acknowledge that today, you hate everyone and everything. You are a seething, miserable bastard. Verbally cut someone to ribbons in your mind. Stick your leg out and trip someone with the power of imagination. Let an unspoken “get bent, lady” punctuate your sentences. Mentally go over your “I win a million dollars on a scratch-off ticket on my way to work – how will I quit?” scenario. Silently tell stupid-thing-sayers to fuck right off.

Have yourself a Hate Day. Your ulcer will thank you.

3 comments:

Tipsy McSwiggans said...

I consistenely sit in a meeting or have a conversation with a person or persons in my office and the whole time I am smiling and thinking "I hate you, I hate this job, your an effing idiot. If you were on fire I wouldn't stop to piss on you to put it out".

Have a nice day.

Carlie said...

Was this inspired by my "I hate everything" post? hehehe

ps - this SERIOUSLY works! right after my i hate everything day, i had like, everything is grand day!

Erwin Strey said...

Hello! Super work performed. Top PAGE, further so!