Monday, August 01, 2005

My Awesome Hair

Here’s what happens if you’re me, and a) you spent all day Sunday incredibly lazy (yet not half as hungover as you expected) and b) you have Monday off, thus accumulating two days of not washing your hair. If you’re me, this means that you can – with your bare hands and nary a drop of product – fashion the most awesomely awful hairstyle imaginable. I have one of those fashionable Mohawk-type-deals on the very top of my head (Justin Theroux in the Charlie’s Angels sequel, by way of Maddox Jolie), yet in the front, I have one of those Elvis dippity curls. It’s breathtaking, truly. I only wish I had a digital camera or a camera phone with which to memorialize it. Sadly, it will likely be lost to the ages in an hour or so.

In other news, I’ve got some fun Monday Internet dealies for y’all:

The first is THIS flash animated Lord of the Rings creation that had me in absolute stitches on Saturday night. “What’s ‘taters,’ Precious?” Oh, you’re about to find out.

The second is an ad for Alan Cumming’s fragrance, called “Cumming.” No, really. That’s what it’s called. The ad is the most preposterous thing I’ve ever seen in my entire life, and the real horror of it is I don’t even know if it’s supposed to be funny. It aint work safe, lest you want your co-workers to see you observing pasty, naked, pretentious British folk during your coffee break. It’s just . . . yeah.

Happy Monday.

7 comments:

Carlie said...

omg I saw that Cumming thing on VH1!!!!!!!

monkeyboy said...

two things... first, as one of joe's previous roommates, i have seen the beauty created by two days of no showering... this brings me to number two, who would've thought you could bottle that stuff... leave it to a pee-wee herman look-alike... god bless america... and scottish people... okay, mostly just scottish people because they have funny names... and because they drink a lot.

J.A.M. Brady said...

Joe looks like Pee-Wee Herman? I figured him for Oz's Jaz Hoyt.

He knows what I'm talking about.

Carlie said...

post haircut, is this still possible?

my hair is far too long to shape on its own. even my straightening iron likes to rebel against all my hair!!!

Joe R. said...

Post-haircut, no, my Beyond Thunderdome hairstyle is not possible. Somewhere, Tina Turner is weeping.

And Joe most emphatically does NOT look like Pee-Wee Herman, thank you very much. Sadly, he also doesn't look much like Jazz Hoyt, if you catch my drift. And no one except The New J.A.M. Brady knows what I'm talking about there.

monkeyboy said...

i just want to point out that i was not referring to the fact that joe looks like pee-wee herman, i meant the guy that is selling "jizz" cologne (or whatever) looks like pee-wee

JL said...

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...