Monday, June 06, 2005

When America Was On Its Knees, He Threw A Phone At Us

Russell Crowe is back, y'all! Back making aggressively sentimental movies with Ron Howard. Back to being buzzed for a Best Actor Oscar nomination. Back to acting like an over-testosteroned dickweed who throws shit at service industry employees.

Cinderella Man opened at #4 this week to a disappointing $18 million and change. Maybe the hotel employee showed up to work with a Madagascar collectible cup and sent Crowe over the edge? I mean, he must have had a good reason for throwing a telephone in his face, right? Movie stars don't just do destructive shit for no reason, after all.

I'll let you ponder that last statement while I hand-stitch my "Free Russell" t-shirts.

2 comments:

Tipsy McSwiggans said...

I believe the incident was brought on by said service employees' awful attempt at an Australian accent and the phrase,
"Hey Mr. Crowe - that's not a knife - this is a knife! right?! right?!"

Joe R. said...

I see you've played Knifey-Spooney before.