Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Survey, By Request

Generally, I don’t want to be posting too many of these quiz/surveys/meme things on the blog, but since this one’s come at the special request of Nathaniel, he of the incomparable Film Experience, I couldn’t well refuse:

If I could be a scientist: Cure for cancer, people! Look into it. Failing that lofty ambition, I might go into a study proving once and for all the long-term consequences of botox and collagen, just so I don’t have to look at any more hideous Hollywood faces anymore . . . Meg!

If I could be a musician: I’d play the piano, no doubt about it. I’d get really really good at it and be able to do everything from, like, classical Mozart down to crazy-ass Tori Amos.

If I could be a doctor: Umm . . . I wouldn’t? Sorry, but life and death, horrendous hours, mucho pressure, blood and guts, and umpteen TV shows and movies getting your profession all wrong? No thanks. Of course, I could be a college professor and still be called “doctor”, right? Yeah. Gimmie that one.

If I could be a painter: Cool, I guess. So long as one of my paintings doesn’t wind up on a t-shirt on “The Apprenntice”, bedazzled to within an inch of its life.

If I could be an innkeeper: I’d outlaw pets and children, have a piano bar in the lobby, charge ludicrous amounts for room service, and give my bellhops gaudy neon ensembles like the ones Christina Applegate designed in Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead.


Now, aren’t you glad you asked?

No comments: