Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Link and a Nod

The link is for this week's 411 column. I re-hash the just-completed TV season and go into my reasons why Samuel L. Jackson and Christina Ricci are the least sexual couple ever. You know you're intrigued: Happy Hour 05.30.05.

The nod is to UPN's Veronica Mars, a show I'm determined to catch up with this summer. Thankfully, Canadian television is proving itself invaluable in this regard. I caught the pilot episode last night on CTV, and I really liked what I saw.

It seems to get compared to Buffy the Vampire Slayer a lot, although the differences are plenty. I like how the Veronica character is a tough girl - not superpower tough like Buffy but actually in possession of some backbone, and in a variety of social settings. I also like how it set up mysteries on multiple levels in a short amount of time. Hopefully I can find a way to squeeze an entire season of this show in before the fall.


Carlie said...

I watched that show a couple times this year and it was awesome but I CANNOT remember when it's on. Tuesdays? did I miss it today? damn.

Joe R. said...

Yeah, UPN aired it on Tuesday nights at 9, opposite The Amazing Race, which is why I never watched it. And now they've got it off the air for the time being so as to make way for new summer programming. So, like, THANKS, Britney and K-Fed.

Additional: It seems UPN will begin airing reruns starting June 14th.