Saturday, April 09, 2005

Ten Word Movie Reviews

The Upside of Anger: Joan Allen's a rock star. The movie's pretty funny, too.

Sin City: Filthy, gorgeous neo-noir. Impeccable casting. Not for the squeamish (duh!).

Vanity Fair (DVD): Mira Nair doesn't do nearly enough with this. Witherspoon's decent.

**Longer reviews to come in the 411 column, to be posted on Monday. I'll link from here.


Anonymous said...

I know this movie isn't on your list, but I just made the mistake of renting Closer over the weekend. This is a boring movie with pretty people in it. If it had ugly people it would not be a movie, just someone's boring messed up overly dramatic life. If you have not seen this movie, don't waste your time.

Joe R. said...

Oh, man, Lisa. I totally loved Closer. LOVED it! It was my second favorite movie of last year behind Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I liked the intensity of it - the nastiness of it - and I loved Clive Owen and Natalie Portman.

Heh - guess who's never going to follow my movie recommendations anymore.